Grilled Monkfish Recipe
2 cups chopped cherry tomatoes
2 shallots, minced
1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 lime, juiced
3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 pound monkfish fillets
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1. In a medium bowl, mix together the tomatoes, shallots, jalapeno, garlic, lime juice, cilantro and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Set aside to let the flavors come together.
2. Remove the dark membrane from the monkfish using a sharp knife. Place the fish in a glass dish and pour a splash of olive oil turning fish to coat.
3. In a small bowl mix together cumin, chili powder, paprika and salt. Sprinkle over both sides of the fish and rub. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to 2 hours.
4. Grill fish on the plancha over medium-high heat, 5 to 7 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of the fish. Turn only once. Let the fish rest for 5 minutes, top with salsa and serve.
Ginger and Port Lamb Rib Chops
For the sauce:
1 cup chicken broth
1/3 cup tomato paste
1/3 cup catsup
1/4 cup finely diced onion
1/4 cup finely diced celery
1/4 cup port wine
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
1 tablespoon steak sauce
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tablespoon chili powder
1/2 tablespoon dry mustard
1/2 tablespoon packed brown sugar
8 lamb rib chops, cut 1 inch thick and trimmed
In a saucepan combine all sauce ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 1 hour or until sauce is slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Process in a blender or food processor until smooth. Chill in refrigerator until ready to use or up to 3 weeks.
Let the chops sit at room temperature for 20 to 30 minutes before grilling on the gas plancha. Separate and set aside about half of the sauce for basting the chops (the remaining sauce will be warmed for service). Brush each chop on both sides with some sauce and grill over direct medium heat until cooked to desired doneness, 8 to 10 minutes for medium rare, turning and basting with the sauce once. Warm the remaining sauce and serve with the chops.
Chicken cordon bleu recipe
This chicken cordon bleu recipe has been modified to be grilled on a gas plancha.
Take it as a chicken breast recipe…..Why?
The main reason is because the cheese does not stay on top of a chicken thigh!
A chicken cordon bleu recipe consists of a chicken, soaked in a light marinade, topped with Swiss cheese and Parma ham. Beautiful.
Preparation Time = 10-15 Minutes
Marinade in fridge for 1 Hour, 6 Max
• 1 medium skinless boneless chicken breast per guest
• 1 large slice Parma ham per chicken
• 1 thin slice of Swiss cheese per chicken
The quantity of marinade is based on 6 medium chicken breasts
• 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
• 4 Tbsp Olive oil
• 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
• 2 cloves garlic (finely diced)
• 1/4 tsp dried thyme
• Sqeeze of lime or lemon juice
Mix all of your chicken cordon bleu recipe marinade ingredients together, using the mustard first and adding the oil to it, when mixed, add the red wine vinegar and the lime or lemon juice. Mix the garlic and the thyme in last.
Put the marinade to one side to use later.
How to Butterfly Chicken
Cut you chicken breasts in half, long ways.
Be sure that you don’t cut all of the way through, you need them attached for this to work.
Using a flat-bottomed dish, pour in some marinade to coat the base and start adding your chicken, keep adding marinade and chicken on top of each other.
Use all of the marinade.
Cover and place in the fridge, Try for 4-6 hours but you can get away with an hour.
Time to Barbecue your chicken cordon bleu
Remove your chicken from the marinade and let all of the excess run off. Place them onto a clean plate. You no longer need the marinade so discard of it.
Put your chickens onto your plancha butterfly side down and cook them over a medium to high heat for 5-6 minutes.
Turn them over and top each one with a slice of Parma ham and a slice of Swiss cheese. Grill for another 5-6 minutes.
There you go folks, a nice and easy way to barbecue N Grill a Chicken cordon Bleu Recipe.
We hope you enjoy cooking these exciting recipes with your plancha!